Vertical CM&I Featured Projects
Hoch Consulting provides high-quality turnkey services to both public and private sector clients.
SLR Maintenance Building Project
Client: City of Oceanside
Hoch Consulting staff acted as the Owner’s Project Manager for Oceanside’s San Luis Rey Water Reclamation Facility buildout project. Work included:
- New Maintenance Building: Construction of a 19,644 sq. ft. building including prefabricated building erection, new concrete foundation and complete mechanical, electrical, plumbing and finish systems.
- New Storage Building Site Improvements: Construction of all site and parking improvements including site clearing, grading, underground utilities, paving and stormwater treatment measures. Construction of a new prefabricated metal storage building including foundation pouring and structure erection.
- Remodel of Existing Maintenance Building: Improvements to the existing maintenance building including selective building demolition, framing, complete mechanical, electrical, plumbing and finish systems.
Hotel Del Coronado – Multiple Projects
Client: Hotel Del Coronado
Hotel Del Coronado underwent substantial additions and renovations between 2018-2021. While at Watkins Landmark Construction, Mr. Poulton was a leader in renovating Serea Restaurant, Babcock Bar and Grill, retail shops, and Spa and Salon at the Del.
- Serea Restaurant included HVAC, fire sprinkler, and kitchen upgrades with all new patio hardscapes, fire pits, and sunset bar.
- Babcock Bar and Grill included renovation of one of the oldest bars in San Diego, new restroom facilities, accordion doors, and historically matched architectural features.
- Retail shops included the replacement of existing above-ceiling utilities, storefront upgrades, and other items to provide a more welcoming experience to hotel guests and the general public.
- Spa and Salon at the Del included renovations to therapy pools, HVAC upgrades, workout facility, new patio deck, hair and nail care stations.
Jones Rd. Tenant Improvements
Client: City of Oceanside
Hoch Consulting staff acted as the Owner’s Project Manager for the Jones Road Tenant Improvements project which renovated a 1930s building to provide workspace for Oceanside’s Meter Services Division. Work included complete replacement of the roof and roof trusses, new electrical, plumbing, HVAC, data, and gas installation along with buildout of kitchen, bathroom, office, and conference spaces. Hazardous material remediation and future ADA compliance were managed as critical work tasks. The completed tenant improvements provided permanent office space for the Meter Services Division and a 700-square ft. auxiliary meter testing room including a meter test bench with recirculation reservoirs, piping, and appurtenant components.
Creekside Apartments Affordable Housing
Architect: Rodriguez Associates Architects
As VP of Construction at Watkins Landmark Construction, Mr. Poulton oversaw buildout of twenty-two affordable housing units in San Marcos. Project consisted of three wood-framed structures built over an on-grade concrete slab, two of which have mixed-use retail space on the first floor. A phased approach allowed occupants to move into the first building while the remaining buildings were still under construction. The winning architectural design includes a playground, corner cupola, a state-of-the-art community center, learning center, kitchen, business center, exercise facility, and media room. Timely completion, minimal punchlist, and seamless turnover made this project a prototype for future builds.